Friday, July 25, 2008

It's the beginning of Shopping Season!

For me back to school marks the beginning of my shopping season. It begins in August, and doesn't end until January when the post Holiday sales end.

This month I have to buy:

Football shoes for Jacob,

Soccer shoes for Hayley,

Soccer shoes, shinguards and any other gear for Ruby.

New sneakers for school for all 3 kids.

Cute-pie dressier shoes for the girls.

Another cool pair of sneaks for Jacob (you know--so he can rotate).

New socks, and underwear for all 3 kids.

Clothing to outfit them all (WHY do they have to grow so fast?)

SCHOOL SUPPLIES!

Yikes! I am getting excited (and a little overwhelmed) just typing it all out!

Then October brings more shopping, for Halloween costumes and a head start on Christmas so I don't get anxiety.

November brings Ruby's birthday and a LOT more Holiday shopping.

and then comes DECEMBER. For me, I have found that no matter how much I shop early for Christmas, I LOVE to be out in the hustle and bustle during the frenzied Christmas shopping season. Even if I have bought and wrapped every single gift by Dec. 1, I still need to go out and absorb the craziness at the mall.

As much as I do like to shop, by the end of January I am shopped out. AND extremely broke.

For the rest of the calendar year, I usually only buy as needed, not too many sprees and splurges. Of course, everybody always NEEDS something so there is always something I NEED to shop for, but for the most part I steer clear of the mall.

No comments: