Tuesday, July 29, 2008

38 is the new 18

I caught a bit of the CBS Early Show this morning while I was getting the day started. One of the segments was titled "Fifty and Still Fabulous, Madonna, Prince & Michael Jackson Still Thrive At 50, Whether It Be In Music Or The Tabloids" The segment asked "Is 50 the new 30?" and then went on to take a look at what each of the pop icons was up to.

So, if 50 is the new 30, then 40 is the new 20. I can kind of see this as I get older. I don't FEEL any older. I still feel like I am that same person I was then. Of course wisdom and experience gained over time certainly play a role in who I am today, but I can still remember what is was like to be 18, 24, 32....... (I also remember being 11, 13, 16, 19...my kids hate that!)

I really do feel like there is so much of my life left to do. I am a college student! I still don't even know what I want to do when I grow up! I have no idea where I want to live the rest of my life. (Although I will be here or close to it while my kids are growing) And, someday I would like to get married again and enjoy that relationship. So I guess I buy into it.

50 is the new 30.

40 is the new 20

and (YES!!!) 38 is the new 18!

This picture has nothing to do with the above post. This is Ruby, SO excited to have a batting helmet of her very own (Hayley's old one), that she would not remove it at all. Even in her car seat. Even to sleep.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Hee! Love the logic!

our big bus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
our big bus said...

OH my goodness, I'm new at this commenting thing....
Thank you for helping me feel young again. I new the #'s were not adding up right. I do still feel 18.