Thursday, January 01, 2009

WELCOME 2009!!

Welcome 2009!

That last 5 years have really been the pits for me. My Mom died, my marriage ended, changes, money, goals, expectations, plans... There have been a lot of disappointments.

As 2008 was winding down I promised myself that good thing were to come and I was going to make it happen.

It was important to me to ring in the New Year not as ho-hum as I have in the past.

I succeeded!

The kids and I had a party with 3 other families and had a great time. We had not a lot of alcohol, lots of food, drinks and a TON of illegal fireworks. I am sure my neighbors hate me.

I also decided on a few resolutions.

ME the one who doesn't believe in false promises to myself.

  • I will turn off all the lights and lock ALL the doors every night before bed.
  • I will NOT keep my keys in the car, but instead bring them inside and hang them on the handy-dandy key hook.
  • I will not keep my purse in the car either.
(I live in very rural Oregon. Down a 1/4 mile driveway with 2 dogs and at least one gun)
  • We will eat dinner at the table more times each week than we eat elsewhere.
  • I will plan meals and grocery shop accordingly.
  • I will make my bed everyday. (because the bed is the biggest thing in the room, and if it is neat the rest of the room will appear to be neat. Even if it's not.)
  • I will make my kids keep their rooms clean-er. Even though they are upstairs and I really don't have to venture up there much.
  • I will find time to do something crafty at least once a week. This is important, because I feel like I am stagnating if I don't touch my creative side. I have a hard time being crafty if the rest of the house is messy.
For the most part, these are all very do-able and easy changes to make. Hopefully by posting them here I will be more accountable and be more successful!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for that very nice, comfortable, blended with excitement and newness, and hospitable bringing in of the New Year. You are a wonderful Friend and I enjoy you so much. See you and the kids tonight for some card games, etc...
XO Toni