Friday, September 12, 2008

Things that SUCK

It's been a crappy week. Maybe if I dump my head, I will feel better.
  • The new Facebook sucks. I will continue to use the old one until I no longer have that option. And then i will probably HAVE to use the new one, but I won't ever like it.
  • Laundry really sucks. Just when you feel like you are on top of it, a teen or pre-teen brings a fresh pile that just has to be washed right now!
  • Being divorced sucks.
  • Being trapped in Douglas county, Oregon sucks. Not that i would ever really move my children. but according to the terms of my divorce, I am bound by a 90-mile radius of my ex. That doesn't leave me many options if I even wanted to have them.
  • My ex in-laws suck. Their baby boy is a lying, cheating, lazy jerk, yet I must carry on as if he is the greatest thing since grape gum because of their "status" here.
  • The price of home heating oil sucks. There is no way that I will be able to afford to fill up my oil tank for this winter.
  • My kids football coach sucks. If you say practice is from 4 to 6 pm, then practice should be over at 6 or close to it. Last night it was 7:40. Yeah, most families lives revolve around their Middle School son's football schedule. Thanks, we were happy to drive 15 miles just to stand around and wait, hungry for almost 2 more hours.
  • People who can't follow directions suck. She is prescribed pain pills every 8 hours for a reason. To withhold because you don't think it is good to take that many is cruelty.
  • Doing dishes sucks. I have never had a dishwasher in my life and i am sick of doing dishes.
  • Standardized testing sucks. I am researching the opt-out option for my kids. I hate the amount of energy the school district spends on all aspects of testing.
  • Parents who give up on their kids suck. I teach in alternative education and most of the time i think that the kids I have would be successful in the regular classroom if their parents would just grab a clue and get involved.
  • Dating sucks. Or should I say the lack of dates sucks. The fact that I am nowhere to really meet anyone sucks. Or the fact that anyone i do meet knows my ex and likes him sucks.
  • Having to worry about every dime I spend sucks.
  • Seeing the signs of aging sucks. I am not old, I do not feel old. Grey hair means old. Sucks.
  • Stupid over-excited, over-bearing room mothers in kindergarten suck. Lady, some of us do have jobs.
  • Being played sucks. I am aware of it, I even point it out to him when he is doing it. I am still not immune to it. I hate feeling 18 and out of control.
  • My bank sucks. Why do they post the highest transactions first, then putting the rest of the balance into overdraft mode. Yes, i have savings and overdraft protection both attached, but I really think this is the banking industry's way of tacking on any and all fees they can. Also, why did my deposit not get posted first? I think a phone call is in order on this one.
  • The insurance industry sucks.
  • Paying more for less sucks. Smaller packaging, same price--wonder if the consumer will notice? I notice!
  • Guilt sucks. I feel guilty about the big things and the small things. Like when a store that i have never gone into goes out of business, even if it is a store that has nothing that I would buy in it. i still feel guilty.
I am sure that I have more, but this is enough negativity for now! I do feel a bit better just getting it all out! Anyone have anything they care to add?

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I enjoyed your rant...it made me feel like I got my ranting out also.

I hate rain...7 inches and counting...I hate wet basements...I hate a husband who has to work on weekends because of a banking crisis...I hate watching tv all day with my kids because we can't play outside...can't play in our wet playroom...can't play in the flooded back yard...I hate not being able to wash all my wet clothes because we don't want anymore water to have to try to make it down the drain...I hate the fact that I can't take a shower today for the same reason...I hate when the sun doesn't shine...

Heather said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks a lot of things SUCK! Thanks for the rant. :o)