Sunday, August 24, 2008

Top 5 Sports Movies

We are a sports loving family.

There is not a week out of the year when one or another of the kids are not participating in some sport of some kind.

Jacob plays basketball, baseball an football and also competes in track for his middle school. He also goes to golf camp every summer and hikes and hunts.

Hayley plays basketball, softball and soccer. She also plays volleyball whenever she can, goes to golf camp in the summer and hunts.

Ruby is just getting started. She will be playing her first season of soccer this fall and I highly anticipate that she will be soon following in her older siblings footsteps of playing a sport throughout the year.

All of the kids swim.

Me, I walk, run/shuffle a bit, throw and catch softballs and baseballs, shag basketballs and play horse, suck at golf, and hike. I have no time to really join a league or play anything competitively for myself--Who would drive my kids to their events?

We watch a lot of sports movies. They can be so inspirational.

My family's top 5 sports movies (in no particular order):
  • Remember the Titans
  • The Sandlot
  • Friday Night Lights
  • Blades of Glory
  • Bend it like Beckham

Kind of all over the place, but then so are we!

What are your family's top 5 sports movies?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miracle
Rudy
Facing the Giants

Kandi said...

Well, our family is not a sports family. Neither Chico or myself really like sports. Our kids have done t-ball/baseball, but that's it so far.

I'm OK with them doing more if they show interest, but so far it hasn't come up.

So, I will list a few of "my" favorite movies with sports in them. I can't say they are family favorites because a couple of them are R rated and the boys haven't seen them.

without further ado...
Bull Durham
Tin Cup
Dodgeball
A League of their Own
Jerry Maguire