Friday, August 29, 2008

My Camping Badge

I'm going to earn another Mommy Merit Badge!

We are going camping this weekend.

I am not ready.

I have not gathered a thing. Shopped for food. Or planned anything.

If the kids weren't so dang excited, I would bag the whole trip and stay home to get some things done before school starts on Tuesday.

I have no business even sitting here, typing this post.

Chaos reigns about my house.

The only redeeming feature about going camping this weekend is that I will be able to hopefully just "BE" and relax. There will be no jobs to worry about, no floors to vacuum, no dishes to wash, no laundry to do, no sports practices to rush to, no clocks to watch, no schedule to maintain. When I finally get to town and to the grocery store in a few hours, I plan on picking up at least 2 books and a stack of magazines, including the sleazy gossip rags. By the time we get back I will be unbelievably relaxed and mentally ready to face the impending school year.

But that relaxation will last only until we pull back into the driveway on Monday and the insane schedule that is our life starts once again and harsh reality slaps me in the face.

Two of the three kids have practices on Monday!

No comments: