Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's Been Awhile...

(That's a great song! I love Staind!)

Here is a bit of what has been going on—

  • Ruby lost another tooth and the tooth fairy came the SAME night that she put the tooth under her pillow! Jacob and Hayley's tooth fairy was really the pits and always took at least an extra day, sometimes 2! (Hey, it took 3 kids to finally get it together, what can I say...)

I love this picture. She is very into hairstyles lately, but never wants to brush it!

  • I had a Stampin’ Up Club workshop at my house. It was not my month to hostess, but my house is more conducive to entertaining, so I got to be the hostess. The best thing about having a party at your house is that it gets cleaned. Really cleaned. Company cleaned. Not just family cleaned.

  • Hayley’s Classic soccer team had a qualifying tournament in Canby. We stayed in Newberg at the Shilo Inn and went to the Drive In movies to see Wall-E (I do not recommend Wall-E, it is very slow and much too long.)

This is Hayley and Max, the stockiest Border Collie I have ever seen. He goes through seasonal depression in the summertime when we are so busy and spend too much time away from home.

  • The soccer team placed 4th in their bracket and went on to round 2 of the qualifying tournament this weekend in Keizer. They lost both games, but Hayley finally played like she can.

  • Jacob went on a 50-mile hike of the Pacific Crest trail from Timberline to Cascade Locks. All went well until the last night when he was eaten alive by mosquitoes.

This is one of the pictures I took the day before he left just in case I had to make LOST posters, or he didn’t make it out alive. Yes, I am morbid. My kids tolerate me.

  • Football has started. I hate football. I hate the fact that he looks like he is getting beat up and that he likes to hit people, and is pretty good at it too. I cannot stand to watch Jacob play even one minute of football. He says football is his favorite sport because he just plays and doesn’t have to really think.

  • I finally got my “Welcome Back” letter from the school district and will start on Aug. 28th. There was some worry that the start of school would be delayed due to un-completed renovations and the fire in July.

I know I am biased, but they really are beautiful!

  • The girls decorated an onion to enter in the County Fair. The theme was, “It’s Magical!” their onion was a wizard. Pretty cute.

  • I spent oodles of money on nothing at the fair.

  • I helped a friend who owns a start-up catering company by serving salads at a company picnic. Not only did I get paid very well for my time, I also got to bring home leftovers to my perpetually starving son.

  • Seriously, I really didn't believe people when they talked about their teenage boys eating them out of house and home, but OMG. My kid can really EAT. A LOT. ALL THE TIME

  • I've purchased two pairs of soccer cleats, one pair of foot ball cleats, two sets of shin guards, 6 pairs of soccer socks, two soccer balls, and one football mouth guard. I have a lot more I need to buy, but I am TIRED OF SHOPPING! Can you believe it? I want to stay home.

  • My beloved Honda Odyssey ( I do have 3 kids... someday I'll get to drive something cute!) rolled over 100,000 miles. I was too sidetracked to take a picture like I wanted, but plan on getting one at 111,111 miles.

And this is a portrait of me taken while driving down the North Umpqua Hwy. I am concentrating on being a safe, responsible driver, not on taking a great picture!

3 comments:

Kandi said...

You're back!! I was about to give you a hard time, too! You've been busy. I still can't get over how much your daughter Hayley looks like you! You're kids are beautiful!

So what do you do for the school? Are you a teacher?

I can relate to the tooth fairy situation. I think the fairy has come thru on time each time, but just barely! At 4 or 5 am that next morning the "tooth fairy" has been fiddling around under the pillow and hoping Mateo doesn't wake up - yikes!

Oh, I can also relate to the house being cleaned for company. My family knows me, but you never know with company. Someone new to the house might want a tour or something! That's about the only time my house is clean!

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Your son sounds like mine (he'll be 13 in two weeks). As I write this he's begging me to make egg salad sandwiches because the Taco Del Mar burrito didn't fill him. He eats CONSTANTLY.

Totally agree with you about Wall-E. I thought I was the only person who thought it was too long and totally boring.

well, I'm off to peel 18 hard boiled eggs :)

Unknown said...

Now that we have 3 kids a mini-van is looking better all the time. How do you like your Odyssey???
Geeky question, I know. :)