Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The best week of the year!

Our sad little tree. It is a beautiful noble fir whose branches cannot handle the weight of our ornaments. Poor droopy tree!

The week between Christmas and New Year's is my favorite of the whole year. All of the Christmas pressure is off, but the good feelings of the season are still hanging around. My house is clean-ish and there are plenty of yummy leftovers to eat. We are planning a small party for New Year's Eve, nothing really special, just good friends, good food and hopefully a good time!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty picture! Pretty tree! I can never get a good shot of ours at night with the glow of the lights. What's your trick??
:) Linda

Kandi said...

Yeah, I'm with Linda, how do you get a good photo of the tree that shows all the pretty lights? My flash just kind of takes over and if I turn it off, then everything looks yellowish.

I like your pretty little Noble. That's what I like to get and I had a very large one this year, but it had the same problem with droopy branches not being able to hold the ornaments. I had to be very strategic in their placement which takes even longer. So much work and then it all has to come down. I'm leaving mine up for a few more days. Enjoy your week!