Sunday, June 29, 2008

Twenty years??? I'm How Old?!!

I just returned from Hillsboro for my 20th high school reunion.

Oh. My. Gosh. Hillsboro has changed. My old house is so small. My old **parking spot** with Bob Schuler is now a church!!!

High school was a long time ago and I wouldn't want to go back even if I could. I have come to the realization that I went through school in my own little bubble. I missed so much and yet I didn't miss nuthin'.

I was a smart girl who didn't really care about grades. I knew a lot of people but was only really close to a few.

It definitely wasn't the part of my life that I think defines me, I think I am living that part right now. I talked a minute or two with the people that I wanted to see and did A LOT of smiling.

I am not sure I will even bother going to future reunions. I wish the reunion was over two weekends. one for the breaking through the past phase and one for the rest of it. There were people there that I would have loved to get to know better but the conversations never really got past the introduction/catch up/superficial phase. Probably it is just me, but I wanted, or expected more!

I am always doing that to myself, though, having unrealistic expectations.

Anyway, I have now lived away from my hometown of Hillsboro for as long as I ever lived there. So, so , so strange!

1 comment:

Covered In Crafts said...

Well you look fantastic! That's what matters. :)